Sept. 9 - Oct. 23 | Spiritual Direction II
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 2 @ 12:00 pm PDT
*Students who register after this date/time must pay the full course tuition ($350)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, September 9 @ 12:00 pm PDT
Course Duration: Wednesday, September 9 - Friday, October 23, 2020
Course Dates & Times:
Wednesdays, Sept. 9, 16, 23 @ 2:30 - 4:30 pm PDT
Saturday, Sept. 26 @ 6:30 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Wednesdays, Sept. 30; Oct. 7, 14, 21 @ 2:30 - 4:30 pm PDT
Spiritual direction is a process that involves the full humanity of the spiritual director and spiritual directee. Body, soul, mind, spirit are each and all addressed in spiritual direction as aspects of the image of God. In this course students study what it means to be created in God’s image. Students also are given an experiential teaching regarding a theology of inner healing, so as to learn how to think Christianly about soul care and spiritual restoration. This course, in essence, is a theology of anthropology. In it, students consider what it means to be a “self” and truly to “be yourself” as a bearer of the image of God. This course is co-listed as "Theology of the Image of God."
- What does it mean to bear God's image?
- What are the theological implications of Jesus actually being the Image of God?
- What is the difference between the human spirit and the Holy Spirit?
- What makes “spiritual direction” spiritual? Is spiritual direction not also soulful?
- How can theological anthropology best be applied to the practice of spiritual direction?
NOTE: To register, click “+” under Quantity.
- Course Registration$325$3250$0