Oct. 5 - Dec. 23 | Spiritual Direction III (Specialty Course)
- Click "Read more" under each listing for detailed information of your purchase.
- To register, click “+” under Quantity.
REGISTRATION OPENS: Monday, July 5 at 3:00 pm PST
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT DEADLINE: Tuesday, September 21 at 3:00 pm PST
(Students who pay after this date must pay the full course tuition, $399)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, September 28 at 3:00 pm PST
PROFESSOR: Judy Glanz, Ph.D.
COURSE DURATION: Tuesday, October 5 - Thursday, December 23
DATES & TIMES:
Tuesdays, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26; Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; Dec 7, 14, 21 at 2:00-5:00 pm
This is a Specialty Course designed to give students who desire to serve as spiritual directors the opportunity to develop specialized skills. Students are trained pastorally as spiritual practitioners to ask discerning questions and carry themselves relationally in a prayerful listening posture within the ministry context of spiritual direction. Whereas academic disciplines are typically associated with human knowledge, spiritual direction, by contrast, is best construed primarily in terms of human surrender unto God. To direct someone spiritually is to listen on their behalf before the Lord. NOTE: Because this is an advanced course, students must qualify for entrance.
KEY QUESTIONS TO BE EXPLORED:
- What are best practices for spiritual directors?
- How can spiritual directors develop their capacity for receiving constructive feedback that helps them to improve?
- How can spiritual directors help spiritual directees renew their minds in Christ?
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.