Aug. 1 - Aug. 31 | Knowing Yourself
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 31 @ 12:00 pm PDT
Professor: Lisa Orimoto, Ph.D.
Course Duration: August 1 - 31, 2020
Intensive Date & Time:
Saturday, August 1, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm PDT
Follow-up Discussions Dates & Times:
Mondays, August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 @ 4:30 - 6:00 pm PDT
Where in the Bible does it say to know yourself? What does self-awareness have to do with serving God effectively? How can Christians gain self-knowledge without becoming too self-focused or narcissistic? What are the advantages of being able to think both biblically and culturally about one's own self-knowledge? In this course, students will be challenged and supported in their quest to be self-aware without becoming self-conscious.
Key Questions To Be Explored:
- Who am I? Who will I become if I continue in my current patterns of living?
- What biases do I have? What pains am I reacting to most? What are my blind spots?
- How easy am I to talk to openly? How receptive am I to genuine correction?
- What are my best character strengths and worst weaknesses during this season of my life?
- How can I wisely adjust my ways in this culture, so as to share God's love more fully?
Recommendation: It is highly recommended that students registering for this course attend Right On Mission's webinar on "Writing Tips for Grad Students" on Thursday, August 6 from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm PDT as their major assignment will be writing an abridged autobiography.
Media Release Consent:
By registering, I grant Right On Mission full permission to include my name on their website, updates, or any other marketing or promotional material for Right On Mission. I hereby release Right On Mission, its contractors, its employees, and any third parties involved in the creation or publication of marketing materials, from liability for any claims by me or any third party in connection with my participation.
NOTE: To register, click “+” under Quantity.
- Course Registration$350$3500$0